Registration Begins: October 1, 2023
Registrations Ends: April 10, 2024
Only for Countries : Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Brazil, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
Registration Begins: October 1, 2023
Registrations Ends: July 31, 2024
Northern Hemisphere | Berlin GOOA
The Berlin GOOA
The Berlin Global Olive Oil Awards organization encapsulates the collective knowledge and expertise of high-profile scientists, food tech pioneers, and key business players over a multi-year period, establishing the standards for a credible, transparent, and trustworthy global olive oil competition.
Our global olive oil awards event has earned a reputation for excellence and the best use of scientific and business practices. Also, we are upholding the highest standards of integrity and team ethical principles. We offer a truly prestigious European olive oil Award with Global Reach.
- Berlin GOOA established in 2020.
- 3500 + olive oil brands registered and judged.
- Dynamic presence in social media with + 9.2 million impressions.
- Marketing campaigns reach over 2 million unique users.
- Registered olive oil brands increased by 30% year on year.
- Social media engagement is 3.4x higher than the average of any Olive Oil Competition in the globe*
The Berlin GOOA provides an excellent and significant opportunity for olive oil producers to improve brand communication, visibility, and awareness of the evoo brands.
In addition, we are confident that Berlin GOOA will significantly strengthen the brand differentiation of the awarded olive oils, aiming to raise interest and help producers on their effort to expand into new geographical and food markets.
We guarantee that the olive oil samples will be evaluated with the utmost transparency by world-class food scientists and expert olive oil tasters, adhering to strict and inviolable tasting/assessment rules and procedures.
In Berlin GOOA, we have introduced six (6) awards categories offering excellent recognition options to the olive oil producers.
The two core award Brands (the Berlin GOOA and Evoo Stars Awards) will work in autonomous and supplementary form, blending but also keeping their own distinct character, thus providing a powerful mixture of excellence and recognition to our olive oil producers.
#1 Quality Olive Oil Awards
Any Extra Virgin Olive Oil is qualified to participate in this session.
Only Extra Virgin Olive Oils from organic farming are qualified to participate in this session.
#3 Flavoured Olive Oil Awards
Any condiment of olive oil with any flavouring or blend of flavourings could be part of this session.
Extra virgin olive oils with high polyphenol content as measured with the only standard method so far of International Olive Council (COI – HPLC method) will participate in this session.
For the EVOO Stars Innovation Awards, we examine the final product according to the five (5) general consumer expectations: Pleasure, health, convenience, physical and ethics.
Also, drivers of innovation can be divided into 5 trends.
Pleasure: Sophistication, Fun, Variety of senses, pleasure, Exoticism
Health: Vegetal, Natural, Medical
Physical: Energy well-being, Slimness
Ethics: Solidarity, Ecology
Convenience : Time saving, Easy to handle, Nomadism
#6 EVOO Stars Design Awards, by Berlin GOOA
In an economy driven by consumers, the traditional viewpoint of packaging is not effective for either the consumer or the business. Instead of focusing heavily on production alone, effective packaging should be considered from the following three viewpoints:
1.Viability, i.e. maintainable and enabling brand development
2.Feasibility, i.e. practical and realizable
3.Desirability, i.e. enticing to consumers.
For the Design & Packaging Olive Oil Awards the following are examined :
Brand identification, Shelf impact, Messaging Communication, Aestheric Appeal, Graphic Elements, Placement, Logo, Legibility, Readability, Brand Perception, Product Perception, Confusions, Misidentifications, Impact of Color, Flow of Innovation, Comprehension, Brand Recall
Platinum award: 96 -100 An excellent and unique Olive Oil
Gold award: 91 – 95 A spectacular Olive Oil
Silver award: 86 – 90 A well-made Olive Oil
Bronze award: 81 – 85 A decent Olive Oil
The Berlin GOOA Guarantee
The assessment model we follow is unbiased and transparent and the evaluation results act as a global benchmark of quality, providing a clear guidance on what to purchase and consume.
The Assessment Model
The olive oil samples are evaluated by our expert tasters and food scientists at an indoor organoleptic gathering event in Berlin – Germany.
The assessed olive oils are triple verified at Berlin GOOA. We conduct an extra scientific evaluation of the samples for internal use only in collaboration with Multichrom Lab, the leading and certified chemical and organoleptic analysis of olive oil laboratory.
These will include:
- The olive oil samples are presented to the judges for blind tasting unbranded into blue and/or red glass cups in a random order
- We store and prepare the olive oil samples according to the COI method
- We have introduced two more different levels of blind assessment, apart from the regular tasting. Cross tasting of samples in the second group of judges and repetition of the same sample from the same group of judges that performed the first tasting
- The Juries have zero prior knowledge of the product’s brand name and/or other sensitive information and the scoring method is been made securely using our online proprietary rating platform where each jury send its own score for each assessed product
The Early Registration fees are the following:
Early Registration by December 31, 2023:
€ 200 per brand for any award category
For any additional Product, the cost is € 165 for any of the six (6) categories of the Awards.
The standard registration fees are the following:
Standard Registration from January 1, to April 10, 2024:
€ 250 per brand for any award category
For any additional product, the cost is € 175 for any of the six (6) categories of the Awards.
There are NO restrictions on the number of categories the producer will choose to participate.
There is NO MINIMUM production requirement the producer should meet in order to participate on the awards. However, if a producer has a minimum quantity of 1000 kilos or less of a retail labeled product, it can participate in any of the six (6) basic categories.
According to our Berlin GOOA 2024 | Berlin Global Olive Oil Awards 2024 standards in order to participate we need the Basic Analysis for the Olive Oils as described below.
- For Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the analysis must include acidity% UV absorption (K232, K268 and DK) Peroxide value.
- For the Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil also a pesticide residue report
- For High Polyphenols we need the analysis of acidity%, UV absorption (K232, K268 and DK) and Peroxide value
The competition will be held in Berlin, Germany in April 2023.
Any information regarding amendments of the competition dates will be provided via email.
Shipping Product Samples
All the olive oil samples must be sent to Berlin, Germany, by April 15, 2024.
We collect the samples from January 2 to April 15, 2024.
After the registration and payment are completed, our team will provide the relevant documents and the shipping label form.
If the olive oil samples has not been sent on time, the product will not be eligible for judging.
For each competition category you must submit three (3) olive oil samples.
Bottles (3) of 250ml each
Bottles (3) of 500ml each Bottles (2) of 1Kg each
The samples must be submitted on the exact same retail packaging.
Please note that for the sensory analysis, the olive oil samples are blind tested by the judges.
The participants must ensure that all the olive oil samples will be sent in safe and suitable packaging.
In case of a damaged item, the participant must resend the samples strictly within the deadlines.
For more information, please contact us at [email protected]
Results & Promotion
Having successfully completed the evaluation process the awarded brands will be granted with Electronically Digital Certificate in Ultra Resolution Printable Format, by the Judging Panel of the Berlin GOOA.
Access will be granted to ALL NEW Berlin GOOA 2024 Winners on April 2024
To help the producers with their laborious task of promoting their brands and achieving their goals, we provide the following marketing materials and solutions to the winners of the competition:
- The official Berlin GOOA Awards badge for social media and web use
- Different sizes of marketing posters are to be used at food exhibitions.
- One post about the winning brand on our social media
- High resolution badges to be placed on the awarded brand. (Paid solution)
- Official license of Berlin GOOA Awards badges. Provided in electronic format and is printed by the winner. (Paid Solution)
In addition, all the awarded evoo brands and producers will be presented on eliteoliveoils.com
Promotional Stickers will be provided to the competition winners available to be purchased online on May 1, 2024. The promotional stickers will only be allowed to be placed on the specific awarded olive oil brand and the same year of harvest. A license will be provided.
For the winners who are interested to purchase our stickers, orders will be available on May 1, 2024
The official trophy for Berlin GOOA 2024 will be available for ordering on May 1, 2024.
The winners of Berlin GOOA will receive a certificate in a printable, high resolution electronic only format.
- Start with a headline summarizing your award and highlighting your achievement. Describe the key factors contributing to your success.
- Provide some background information about Berlin GOOA Awards such as its history and reputation, as well as the criteria for judging. Mention the award you won.
- Provide essential information about what your customers should expect by buying your award-winning product. Include your contact information, website, and social media.
- We always provide the winners of the competition with our official badges in different formats such as .jpg, .png, for social media use.
- By using the official badge on your owned social media, you can help promote your achievement and build credibility with your audience.
- Identify relevant keywords that are related to your post and that people are likely to search for.
- The Berlin GOOA has some powerful hashtags that you can use: #BerlinGOOA #BerlinOliveOil #eliteOliveOils
- Don’t overdo it with hashtags or keywords in your social media posts. As a rule of thumb, try to use no more than three hashtags per post. Otherwise, your post will look spammy and difficult to read.
- It is crucial to interact with your audience on social media by responding to comments, messages, and mentions. This can help you build relationships with your customers and increase engagement on your posts.
- Repost any post related to the Berlin GOOA Awards on it and add the tag of our organization. Our marketing team on Berlin GOOA Awards reposts and retags posts with beautiful images.
- The official Berlin GOOA badge for social media and web use.
- Different sizes of marketing posters to be used at food exhibitions.
- High resolution badges to be printed on the awarded product label. (Paid solution)
- Official license of Berlin GOOA badges. Provided in electronic format and printed by the winner. (Paid Solution)