Berlin GOOA 2023
1. Eligibility: This Contest (Berlin GOOA 2023 | Berlin Global Olive Oil Awards 2023) is open only to those who sign up at the berlingooa.com and who are 18 as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of All over the world, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Berlin Global Awards Media, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Berlin Olive Oil Awards Ltd as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period & How to enter: Entries will be accepted online starting June 1st 2022 and ending on April 14th 2023. All online entries must be received by April 1st 2023.
How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at berlingooa.com. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Berlin GOOA 2023 | Berlin Global Olive Oil Awards 2023. Optional verbiage to include: You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Berlin Global Awards Media.
4. Once one or more products have been registered and payment is complete, you will be sent an invoice, including V.A.T. just for companies based in UK . The aforementioned receipt is the only tax document that you will receive.
5. The Berlin GOOA 2023 | Berlin Global Olive Oil Awards 2023 is open to all food producers, artisan food makers, crop and livestock farmers, exclusive importers, exclusive distributors and exclusive retailers of food and drink specialities.
6. Products that require the use of particularly specific equipment to be tasted are not eligible to participate in the Berlin GOOA 2023 | Berlin Global Olive Oil Awards 2023. If in doubt, contact the organisation before registering. We will do everything in our power to help you.
7. All products that require cooking will be tasted having carefully followed the producer’s instructions.
8. Only products suitable for human consumption will be considered.
- 9. The entry fees to the competition are the followings :
- Early Registration: € 200 (from June 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022) per brand for any award category
Note: For any additional product the cost is € 145 for any of the six (6) categories of the Awards.
- Standard Price: € 250 (From January 1, 2023, to April 10, 2023) for the first Brand Registration.
Note: For any additional product the cost is € 155 for any of the six (6) categories of the Awards.
Please, visit the Online Registration System ORS , to start register the olive oil brands.
Any amendments to the registration deadlines will be informed to clients via email.
10. Preparation, Presentation Method & Judging Process & Scoring Method
The olive oil samples will be presented to the judges for blind tasting unbranded into blue and/or red glass cups in a random order.
We store and prepare the olive oil samples according to the COI method.
Judging Process & Scoring Method
In order to ensure that the evaluation methodology of the olive oil samples is credible, transparent and unbiased, we have introduced two more different levels of blind assessment, apart from the regular tasting. Cross tasting of samples in a second group of judges and repetition of the same sample from the same group of judges that performed the first tasting.
The Juries have zero prior knowledge of the product’s brand name and/or other sensitive information and the scoring method is been made securely using an online system where each jury send its own score for each assessed product.
The scoring method is being made securely using an online system where each jury send its own score for each assessed product. A special factor, unique to Berlin GOOA 2023 | Berlin Global Olive Oil Awards 2023, is used in all stages of tasting.
11. Product descriptions must be correct at the time that registration closes due to the registration limit being reached. It will not be possible to amend the product description once registration closes.
12. The Berlin GOOA 2023 | Berlin Global Olive Oil Awards 2023 organisers reserve the right to reject registration of products that are deemed inadequate or that are not compatible with the true spirit of the competition.
13. Registrations will not be accepted after the set limit has been reached.
14. a. According to our Berlin GOOA 2023 | Berlin Global Olive Oil Awards 2023 standards in order to participate we need the Basic Analysis for the Olive Oils as described below.
b. For Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the analysis must include acidity% UV absorption (K232, K268 and DK) Peroxide value.
c. For the Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil also a pesticide residue report
d. For High Polyphenols we need the analysis of acidity%, UV absorption (K232, K268 and DK) and Peroxide value
15. Products registered but not paid for by the time the set registration limit is reached will not be eligible for judging.
16. No refund will be provided in the event that a product, for which registration fees have been paid, does not arrive in time for the tasting.
17. The Berlin GOOA 2023 | Berlin Global Olive Oil Awards 2023 registration fee is kept to a minimum to attract small and artisan producers.
18. All products must be sent to the competition in their retail packaging; if this is not possible, please contact the organisation. The retail packaging must contain the phrase “consume by” followed by the date, and must list all ingredients and allergens.
19. All products are blind tasted. The packaging is removed from all products before they are submitted to the jury.
20. Each separate flavour represents a product. If registered products are packaged in multi-packs, the entrant must specify which flavour/product from the package should be tasted, under penalty of removal of the product from the competition.
21. Each participant will be assigned a date and place for delivery, which will be communicated to them by e-mail.
22. Participants are required to guarantee prompt and secure delivery of all products by the stated deadline.
23. All outer packages must carry the specific labels provided, properly specifying whether the product can be stored at room temperature, or whether it requires refrigeration or freezing.
24. All participants are responsible for the packaging, transportation and delivery of the products under suitable conditions and safe for consumption by members of the jury.
25. Products that arrive damaged, in unsafe conditions or that require refrigeration without sufficient advance notice being provided will be disqualified.
26. In the case of delivery after the deadline, all efforts will be made to judge products that arrive later than expected. This is, however, at the discretion of the organisers.
27. The jury will perform their work between 12th to 18th April 2021.
28. The organisers will strive to guarantee safe storage of all products while the jury performs its work. Nevertheless, the organisers or their employees or consultants shall not be held responsible for safe storage.
29. The organisers will make every effort to cook and prepare the products according to the guidelines on the labels or specific instructions provided. The participant is responsible for providing the most accurate information possible.
30. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Berlin Global Awards ltd. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Berlin Olive Oil Awards Ltd discretion.
The prize is non transferable.
Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Berlin Olive Oil Awards Ltd to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by Judging Panel under the supervision of Berlin Olive Oil Awards ltd. Winner will be notified by Website and email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Berlin Olive Oil Awards ltd shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT Berlin Global Awards Media‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Berlin Global Awards Media, anyone acting on behalf of Berlin Olive Oil Awards and Berlin GOOA 2023 | Berlin Global Olive Oil Awards 2023’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Berlin Olive Oil Awards. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Berlin Olive Oil Awards from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Berlin Olive Oil Awards Ltd may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Berlin GOOA 2023 | Berlin Global Olive Oil Awards 2023 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Berlin Global Awards Media’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Berlin Olive Oil Awards Ltd may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Berlin Olive Oil Awards. Berlin GOOA 2023 | Berlin Global Olive Oil Awards 2023 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Berlin Olive Oil Awards Ltd has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Berlin Olive Oil Awards Ltd reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Berlin Olive Oil Awards Ltd and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
32. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United Kingdom AND Buckinghamshire, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Buckinghamshire having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest, the registration is Berlin Olive Oil Awards Ltd based in United Kingdom.
- The operation office and the storage is at Berlin GOOA | Dieffenbachstr 11, 10967 Berlin, Germany
- Facebook: If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, include the following: The Campaign hosted by Berlin Olive Oil Awards Ltd is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- By participating in the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules & Regulations.